KRATT23 will have 3 orchestras:
- Symphony orchestra (conducted by Olari Elts)
- Chamber orchestra (conducted by Andres Kaljuste)
- Small orchestra (conducted by Achim Fiedler and instructed by Susanna Biosca, Karmen Kääramees and Pille Tralla)
The repertoire will be added to the Orchestras’ page.
- Sheet music will be made available to participants in the spring, no later than the end of March. A thorough rehearsal of the scores is an important preparation for every orchestral and festival participant! We will be on touch with teachers and ask them to support their students in preparing for the festival.
- During the festival, all orchestras will rehearse together in group and tutti rehearsals, for about 4 hours each day. This is real orchestral work under the guidance of real conductors – a glimpse into the world of orchestral work, which is the professional future of many participants. The work will be in English for Symphony and Chamber orchestras, and in Estonian and English for Small orchestra.
- Each orchestra will perform in a concert at the end of the festival.
- Every year, the orchestras have featured young soloists (2020: string quartet, 2021: Tähe-Lee Liiv and Anna Katarina Tralla, 2022: Triinu Piirsalu, 2023: Jakob Täht). This year, Marcel Johannes Kits (cello) will play with the KRATTfestival Symphony Orchestra.
There are news also for the workshop participants:
- IMPRO and FILM workshops will take place from 17 to 21 August, for about 2 hours each day. The work will be in Estonian and music languages.
- The IMPRO workshop there will be three instructors: Meelis Vind (wind instruments and more experienced improvisers), Liis Lutsoja (strings and beginners) and Marge Loik (keyboard at all ages).
- The FILM workshop offers non-musical challenges for anyone who wants to try their hand at filmmaking and create their own exciting festival documentary, including elements of a feature film. Participants will be given simple cameras and the opportunity to learn hands-on filmmaking. The instructors will be Andri Luup who is actor and director of Theatrum and Adrian Rannut who is live production manager of Concertfilm. The movie produced during the FILM workshop will have its premiere on the evening of the last concert.
Lecture-workshop “Class of Culture and Classics “:
- Once again, we are inviting creative and inspiring people from Estonia to discuss culture and the classics in their areas of expertise. Music, theatre, architecture, literature… but also some surprising areas of life will be discussed. All festival participants are welcome, as well as anyone else interested. The lectures will be in Estonian.
- The great opening party of the festival will take place on the first evening, 17. August 2024.
The festival will close with a small reception banquet in the Estonia Concert Hall after the final concert.